World Premiere in Düsseldorf
Nimbus 305 Coupé
Sturdy, smart functionality in an attractive design and with elegant lines for families, bons vivants and inveterate seafarers. Apart from a number of improvements and smart functional solutions, it’s below deck that the greatest innovation is to be found. An underwater body that eliminates the planing threshold and facilitates comfortable driving at speeds from 0 to 22 knots with lower fuel consumption.
”Our ambition was to build a classic, super-functional Coupé boat with obvious Nimbus genes for quality conscious families and experienced seafarers who prioritise comfort, simplicity and functional design,” said Joacim Gustavsson, chief designer at Nimbus Boats Sweden AB.
The biggest news is the boat’s hull, which has been developed and optimised for speeds from 0 to 22 knots. It is made for smaller engines (Volvo Penta D2 and D3) and built to run equally comfortably irrespective of speed. The hydro-dynamic shape of the hull means that the boat has no planing threshold at all.
”At Nimbus our concern is that a boat should run comfortably at the speeds at which it is used. We know that Coupé owners are fond of cruising at speeds from 4 to 20 knots, when normally boats produce large wake burn a lot of fuel. For the 305 Coupé we have designed a hull that rides comfortably throughout the entire speed range. In practice, the 305 has no real planing threshold and returns low fuel consumption at all speeds. Speed can be adjusted to weather conditions, which provides better safety, comfort and the best possible ride from which to appreciate your natural surroundings,” said Mats Jacobsson, product development manager at Nimbus.
Based on the same Scandinavian design philosophy as her popular and award winning sisters 405 and 365 Coupé, the 305 Coupé will mark a new entry into Nimbus’ popular Coupé series featuring the “sidewalk” concept.
“Sidewalk” is an asymmetrical deck layout where the side deck along the starboard side is extra wide and provides safe and generous freedom of movement. It becomes convenient and enjoyable to move about on-board from bow to stern, and easy to get on and off the boat along the entire starboard side. Maximum use is made of the interior volume, allowing the cockpit, saloon, lower deck and cabin to be larger than would otherwise be the case in a boat of this size. An important feature of the Nimbus sidewalk design concept is the large flush fitted sliding door to starboard. The sliding door provides quick access when docking alongside and enables manoeuvring the boat from a standing position on the side deck.
The helm has been maximised to provide the greatest possible flexibility and can be equipped with accessories according to individual requirements. Glued windows with a large, curved windscreen provide a great panoramic view.
The saloon features large flat surfaces and is both light and airy and cosy, thanks to choice of materials and LED-lighting. The large glass roof openings and opening roof hatches provides generous light. A dinette solution provides plenty of room for four people and converts easily into a double berth. The dining table folds down into a cocktail table with glass holders, making the saloon a handy place for socialising.
The galley is equipped with ceramic gas heated glass hob with integrated ventilation, Corian top, 65 litres refrigerator and extra refrigerator/freezer box below sofa (option).
The aft deck shares the same level as the bathing platform and saloon. It has a generously sized, comfortable L-shaped sofa for five persons with foldable seating. The dining table folds down into a cocktail table with glass holders with stainless steel handles. Perfect for relaxing or social activities with friends and family.
The interior of the boat is of wonderful quality and atmosphere, particularly in regard to space and light. The boat has integrated ventilation and five large opening port lights for extra light intake. Upholstered bulkheads in light colours help to reduce noise. The boat has two cabins, an owner’s cabin (available with Queen bed or V-bed) and a guest cabin, sharing a common head with shower.
In all, the 305 Coupé is a contemporary, super-functional boat with reduced environmental impact and which is perfect for an uncomplicated and enjoyable life at sea. The boat is built in Sweden at the Nimbus yard in Mariestad.
Key features of the 305 Coupé
- Sidewalk design with large flush fitted sliding door in starboard side.
- An underwater body that eliminates the planing threshold and facilitates comfortable driving at speeds from 0 to 22 knots with lower fuel consumption.
- Polyurethane glued windows in the superstructure and a large wrap around windscreen provide a contemporary look, exceptional stability and a quiet saloon.
- Helm position with great flexibility – can be equipped with accessories according to individual requirements
- Exemplary helm visibility due to uncluttered surfaces and matt finish anti-reflecting materials.
- Panoramic glass roof with sun protection. Opening sliding hatch at helm position.
- Opening port side/passenger window.
- Reversible passenger sofa, turns saloon into a dinette with comfortable seating for up to 4 persons.
- Very generously sized and comfortable L-shaped sofa on aft deck.
- Integrated ventilation for owner´s cabin and toilet on foredeck.
- Main cabin available with Queen bed or V-bed.
- Five large opening port lights.
- Generously sized sun cushion on foredeck.
- Integrated bow ladder folds down into anchorbox.